I'll be honest! The Floor Is Made Of Lava by Dog Traders might be my favorite album!
I read recently on Wikipedia that following are the top three selling albums, cumulatively, worldwide.
Number one: Thriller by Michael Jackson. Duh. Greatest album of all time. Has double the sales of number two.
Number two: Back in Black by AC/DC. Ok. Metal enough for every wannabe European headbanger, tame enough for every American teenage girl who wants to dress up like Avril once every three weeks. Crossover hit.
Number three: You'll never, ever guess.
Give up?
Bat Out of Hell, by Meat Loaf.
What the flying fuck?
Alex and I listened to it on the way back from Jerz in honor of that statistic. It was my first time hearing this the third-highest-selling record of all time.
In any case, this Dog Traders album is just loaded with hits! There are a couple misses. In fact, I count exactly two, out of thirteen tracks. But look at those hits! Perfect Day's lyrics go through my head all the time. New Planet is glacially hilarious. The opening riffs to The Captain are too good! Shipwreck is shockingly serious.
And It's Easy to Forget is just one of the sweetest songs I've heard.
Get the album if you dare.
5 years ago
1 comment:
I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that.
Post a Comment